Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Petrochemical/ One Year Contract)
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company's and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to ensure that the work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to project procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
- More than 5 years of experience of related experience or Electrical Design Engineer role.
- Experience in engineering instrument and electrical deliverables (P&ID mark ups, loop drawings, layouts, relay diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, datasheets, cable calculation, intools deliverables) produced by in house designers.
- Experience performing field verification as part of reviewing engineering deliverables.
- Resolve construction feedback issues relating to issued engineering deliverables.
- Review vendor design drawings, deliverables and calculation.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Preferably Bachelors Degree in Engineering
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format .
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259