This is primarily an operations role which may require project involvement as needed. As part of the support team, accountabilities includes processing of requests, supporting and resolving incidents, implementing changes, and reviewing problems.
- Demonstrates a service-oriented approach in processing customer requirements and request.
- Provides second and third level network incident support (in a shifting or on-call rotation) for incident tickets not resolved by Level 1 - with a primary focus on service restoration.
- Performs in-depth troubleshooting and complex analysis of network protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, etc., collaborates with other teams to identify root cause.
- Performs administration and maintenance of network devices like load balancers, router, switches and different VPN technologies.
- Ensures changes meet required standards and quality prior to deployment in the production environment to minimize impact to the business.
- Strictly follows change management process.
- Provides effective time management and work prioritization to meet target dates for activities and project tasks; identified risk which may impact the ability to meet deliverables.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail with focus on delivering quality work; seeks continuous improvement for the betterment of the organization.
- Accountable to the team's commitments, deliverables and SLA's
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working on network infrastructure, data centers, WAN, LAN.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in administering and troubleshooting network devices like routers and switches.
- Experience in administering and working with Load balancers (F5 LTM/ASM)
- Must be able and willing to cross train to other network technologies such as but not limited to routing/switching/wireless/voip/application delivery.
- Network-related certifications are good to have but not required
Cristina Malabuyoc Malijan EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1111547