The role of an Implementation Services Data Security Engineer is to interpret a customer request and then transform that request into a successful project. A successful project is one that meets the customer's requirements, is delivered on time, and has a positive impact on the business of the client. The Data Security Engineer is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This includes project management, pre-sales, customer service, solution design, implementation and technical support. The bespoke nature of the Client account requires this role to be filled by very high functioning individual who can independently work to achieve the customer's requirements and perform well in a high pressure environment and interact with both junior and senior client staff in a professional manner. The Data Security Engineer will act as lead engineers for the service operations team and may occasionally act as team lead when the acting team lead is out of office. They also act as liaisons to engineers in the Client Architecture and Engineering department and have responsibility for change review and approval.
The primary technology areas covered by the Data Security Engineer are:
· Juniper Netscreen Firewalls and Netscreen Security Manager
· Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama CM
· Cisco Routing and Switching
· EIGRP and BGP Routing Protocols
· Lucent Vital QIP/Run IP (DNS/DHCP); N3K RunIP
· F5 Load Balancers
· Bluecoat Proxy Devices
· Rebasoft Network Access Control
· Meeting with Business Clients, Systems Integration, and other IT departments to gather technical requirements, business justification for projects
· Verify technical requirements for large projects
· Quickly estimate high-level costs and resource requirements
· Evaluating technology options and presenting those that best suit customer requirements.
· Produce the technical design in the format specified by Client standards. This requires excellent technical writing skills and proficiency with office automation tools. Many technical designs will be in excess of 100+ pages and integrate various items including Visio Diagrams, Tables, Charts, and links.
· Provide detailed and accurate bill of materials and cost estimates
· Estimate Resource Requirements with a high degree of accuracy
· Ensure Compliance with all Client Standards for Data and Voice Networks.
· Communicate the design in both a technical and business style manner. This will normally be done in meeting and require the development of additional presentation material.
· Assist junior engineers with project costing estimates
· Generally the first to use new solutions provided by Network Technology engineering team
· Develop a High-level plan at project initialization that will guide the project through the requirements and pre-sales stage
· Develop a Detailed project plan that will guide the project through the solution design, procurement, and delivery stages.
· Hold regular meeting with stake holders to track progress and communicate issues, and delegate tasks
· Provide Project reporting as required by the Client Minimal Grid Guidelines for Complex and Medium Service Requests
· Provide Project reporting as required by client's standards
· Lead and Deliver all aspects of the Procurement process. This includes tracking SR Requests, tracking vendor quotations, participating in the Client Capital Expense process, taking responsibility and ownership of the request through the approval flow.
· Update the Networks Book of Work for assigned projects
· Update the Resource Plan for any project or task for which effort is forecasted
· Determining implementation time frames and risks - Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams and LBM's
· Submission and tracking of Change Management tickets for implementation
· Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team
· Testing of network connectivity post implementations
· Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with Client standards
· Completing the Acceptance into Service (AIS) Process for all projects.
· Delivering all Projects and Changes "Right the First Time" as most of our SLA for service uptime are 99.999% and greater. Failure to deliver right the first time has significant financial penalties.
· Travel to various customer sites within the Asia Pacific theater is required
· Provide Tier 3 Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex long term issues impacting network performance.
· Provide Technical consultation as requested by the customer
· Assist with internal and external audit requests
** We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at MP_SCSTechnology@manpower.com.sg or Lani.Alinas@manpower.com.sg (R1108334)
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Lani De Mesa Alinas EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1108334