P6 Planning & Scheduling Engineer (Giant Petrochemical/ Jurong Island/ Contract)
*50 work hours/ week
The incumbent needs to be tech savvy as he/ she needs to help with Enhance Construction Mobility initiatives.
- Responsible for the Project Schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall Project schedule including putting in place the progress measurement system, verification and reporting.
- Reviews Contractor Schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other project elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and the Project Plan.
- Establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables.
- Strives for timely detection of trends and specifically deviations from the plan.
- Provide overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise
- Ensures that the schedule control & progress procedures are developed
and executed by the Contractor's to monitor its schedule control activities
and progress reporting
- Coordinates, monitors, and assesses Contractor's efforts in project
planning, progress measurement and control
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting
- Following alignment with Planning Lead, advises Project Controls Lead and Project Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends
- Assists Planning Lead and Project Controls Lead in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control
- Reviews Contractor's project control procedures to ensure that Company's and Contract requirements are met
- Reviews and checks Contractor's progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement and when necessary, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by Contractor
- Reviews, monitors and control the Contractor's schedules for all project activities for logic, level of detail, interfaces, etc. (e.g., Level 3, Level 4, short-term look-ahead schedules)
- Analyzes schedule and progress trends reported by Contractor
- Analyzes the planned quantity metrics projections for all home office and site disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.) and monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned
- Must be proficient in P6.
- Prior project controls experience focused on planning and schedule control in oil and gas/ petrochemical environment preferred.
- Willing to relocate to required project site
- Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment if required
- Preferably with Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management from a recognised instituition.
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259