SSHE Specialist (Lifting/ Rigging/ Contract)
*6 day work week/ 60 working hours
Our well-established client is in the petrochemical industry.
Requires visible field safety leadership to review and endorsement of Contractor construction plans, procedures and processes.
Subject Matter Expert (SME)/ Specialist in Lifting & Rigging
- Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Specialists not only support one or more safety, security, health, or environmental subject areas for a particular site or functional group within an affiliate but also provide a level of subject matter expertise in one or more areas.
- The SSHE Specialist influences the field organization without formal authority by demonstrating strong operations and/or maintenance skills, and interacting effectively with operations/manufacturing/pipeline/other field organizations. The SSHE Specialist also demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills while working with diverse groups. This job role will cover some but not all of the responsibilities listed below.
- Assist the workforce in the implementation of SSHE Processes, Safety Instructions, Safety Procedures, and hazard management strategies as well as ensure compliance with project plans and other relevant company programs.
- Encourage and facilitate an appropriate level of workforce participation in the application of SSHE processes.
- Proactively identify SSHE related issues at the project site and facilitate effective resolution of any issues.
- Participate in contractor qualification process and other SSHE activities as requested by SSHE Lead. * Provide review and comment, as appropriate, on project specific procedures and manuals.
- Management, inspection and maintenance of SHE Critical Equipment (fire response, oil spill response, portable gas detection, life boats, life rafts, life vests etc.).
- Review of annual ERT drill program and feedback to central OIMS team and System 10-2 Administrator. Communication of Emergency Response Plans to ERT and other relevant personnel.
- Coordination of emergency response teams in conjunction with On Scene Coordinator (OSC) during emergency scenarios. Manages forward control (FCP) during emergency situations.
- At least 10 years of similar experience in the oil and gas industry is required.
- Strong Construction, Modularization and Construction Execution Planning experience for installation of facilities in Singapore
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill is required.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised instituition.
Please send in your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on "APPLY NOW".
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259