The role will be based in Singapore and will support the accounting function for the Asia Pacific ("APAC) region, which manages a total of 13 entities across 6 different countries in APAC. The key responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Managing the General Ledger, Intercompany, Fixed Assets and Cash Management functions for the entities in the APAC region.
- Carry out full spectrum of month end closing activities and ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and local statutory laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with both US GAAP and local Accounting Standards in respective countries.
- Liaising with internal tax department and external consultants on tax issues, tax compliance and tax audits.
- Acting as local process owner for General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Treasury.
- Work closely with external auditors, external tax agents, and partner with Company's Tax & Legal Departments to meet statutory audit and tax requirements for APAC region; and internal auditors for any SOX/operational audits.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with external auditors on local statutory audits.
- Actively participate in SAP system implementation and process improvement projects.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Liaising with outsource payroll vendor
- Reviewing of payroll data and preparing payroll journal
- Support payroll audit
- Answering employees' questions and concerns regarding payroll
- Manages and oversees all aspects on payroll
- Have a good understanding on APAC Regional Payroll Processing.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant would be desirable.
- Possess 5 years of minimum relevant working experience with at least 2 years in fast-paced MNC environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint) and familiarity with Oracle ERP system is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge in US GAAP and IFRS.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in Managing Payroll Processing & Payroll Vendor is a plus.
- Ability to work within a dynamic cross-functional team environment.
- Meticulous and able to work with minimum supervision.
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551