Accountant (SAP/ Immediate/ Tuas/ Contract)
Contract ending Apr 2020
Good Renumeration Package
Our well established pharmaceutical client is looking for an immediate Accountant to be part of the site controlling & finance team.
Reporting to the Manager, Controlling and Finance, the incumbent will play a crucial role in:
* Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of operational transactions;
* Enforcing internal controls and other finance controlling procedures;
* Fulfilment of all reporting deadlines; and
* Being the finance partner to other departments.
1. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of recording of all site financial flows through the:
a. Management of financial accounting/controlling systems to ensure data integrity;
b. Documentation and implementation of procedures/ initiatives to meet the internal control and controlling requirements of both corporate and statutory standards.;
c. Accurate and timely finalisation of the site's monthly results;
d. Provision of advice/ insight/ interpretation of financial data to our colleagues where necessary.
2. Participate in month end reporting and closing process, prepares and analyse monthly expenses report as well as manufacturing variances.
3. Involve in Accounts Payable process, perform regular payment reviews and process review for improvement and efficiency.
4. Manage fixed assets register, yearly sighting, monthly reporting and tracking against budget.
5. Handle Goods and Service Tax, Major Export Scheme reporting needs, support on Corporate taxation and related audits and queries from IRAS;
6. Handle ad-hoc Government surveys.
7. Build and maintain a good rapport with all departments and develop a team approach to provide the best possible team result.
8. Be proactive in evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems in terms of internal controls and cost.
9. Ensure compliance with all Company policies such as HSE, Quality, HR/Admin and satisfy all legal and regulatory requirements within the jobholder's responsibility.
10. Promote safety awareness and must be compliant with health, safety, environmental regulations and requirements.
11. Participate and motivate the finance personnel towards continuous improvement in the area of health, safety, quality, the environment and waste minimization.
12. Perform any other duties as assigned and directed.
1. Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience, preferably from a public accounting firm and/or manufacturing environment.
2. Must be proficient in financial accounting and analysis.
3. Experience in process improvement in a manufacturing environment.
4. Good working knowledge of Inventory management, manufacturing variances, GST and Corporate taxation
5. Possess working knowledge of FRS, IFRS and US GAAP
6. Prior experience in SAP is preferred
7. Ability to work in a team.
8. Possess strong interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external personnel.
9. Must be proactive and committed to meeting deadlines.
10. Preferably holding a degree in accountancy from a recognised university
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to email@example.com or click on "APPLY NOW".
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259