As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting the effective and timely investigation into local assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and service levels.
- Conduct day to day operations of local AML Investigations, including name searches.
- Responsible for writing a high quality investigative narrative and recording the case history in a digital case file.
- Responsible for ensuring that at the conclusion of each investigation, a comprehensive recommendation is to be made to the AML Investigations Quality Control Reviewer as to whether a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed or not.
- Responsible for escalating investigations to relevant parties
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in AML/ CFT which allows role holder to have the ability to recognize suspicious financial activities
- Experience in undertaking investigations/ analysis to customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from the information
- Knowledge of the MAS 626 Notice and Guidelines
- Knowledge of Customer Due Diligence (KYC) requirements
- ACAMS holder or relevant certificate holder for financial crime risk is good to have
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.