As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The role holder will be part of Financial Crime Investigations team and is responsible for ensuring that assigned cases including Transaction Monitoring Cases, Unusual Activity Reports and Customers subject to Production Orders are thoroughly and professionally investigated and, where appropriate, reported to the Authorities in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for conducting investigations surrounding accounts/transactions of an apparent anomalous nature and, where necessary, escalating cases in accordance with the FCTM Investigations
- Ensure appropriate pro-active use of media and relevant websites to gather intelligence and identify ML or TF risk associated with relevant investigation subjects
- Produce a high-quality case file including a comprehensive narrative and recommendation as to whether SAR is required.
- Deal with enquiries from colleagues from Line of Business (LOB) in a professional, responsive manner, giving them appropriate guidance, referring to management where necessary.
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global and Regional Compliance functions.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Banking, Finance or in related majors
- Minimum 1-2 year of relevant working experience in AML/ CTF which allows role holder to have the ability to recognize suspicious financial activities
- Must have experience in undertaking investigations/ analysis to customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from noted behavior, including transactional profile, against expectation established from CDD data
- Experience of identifying activity suggesting Money Laundering (ML) or Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF)
- Experience in writing reports to identify ML/CTF risk and/or SAR reporting.
- ACAMS or relevant certificate holder for financial crime risk is good to have
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Personnel Reg No.: R1441955
EA License No.: 02C3423
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.