You will be part of a cross-functional, self-organizing agile team to support the development and testing of a national app in the public sector. In your capacity as a Mobile Application specialist, you will be developing native Android mobile apps (Android Kotlin) and working with fellow mobile, integration and test-automation engineers to integrate and consume the APIs.
- Participate in the team's agile planning, delivery, review and discussion sessions as both an individual specialist and part of the self-organizing agile team
- Work with other members regarding APIs and UX to define both the technical and user interfaces
- Build mobile app and integrate with backend APIs
- Participate in code reviews, POC/spike, brown bags sharing, Sprint planning/review/retrospective, ideation and design thinking workshop with clients and other teams
- Support the operation team and the helpdesk team for deployment operations and troubleshooting issues
- Bring innovation to improve the developer as well as user experience, e.g., intuitive design, out-of-box thinking, automation tools, security, frameworks etc.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- With 5 years' experience in Android Application Development
- Proficient with Android native development using Kotlin
- Experience developing on latest 4 Android OS versions, general understanding of the key differences and new features in each OS version
- Background on Android technical architecture and design patterns such as MVVM
- Proficient in multi-thread handling, experience with common solutions such as Coroutine
- Familiar with dependency injection frameworks, and design approaches for testing
- Familiar with Android UI layout design, material design and common widgets
- Have a mind for implementing good UX design
- Hands-on with writing unit tests and integration test-cases
- Best practices around developing apps for performance and secure mobile app
- Advantage to have working knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.), Firebase (Crashlytics, Events, APIs, Database, etc), JSON Web token (JWT), SAML, OAuth2, PKI Infrastructure.
Carolyn Ann Santibanez Mendoza EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1105160