The APAC voice operation engineer will be responsible for all end user voice and trading voice infrastructure operation within the region. This will include responsibility of 1st and 2nd level support. The successful applicant will ensure exceptional support and service with the goal of meeting and surpassing agreed service levels and the expectations of our business partners and clients.
The voice engineer will develop strong relationships with other IT teams, vendors and business partners across all global regions to ensure the entire APAC end user and trading voice infrastructure is functional, reliable, available, maintainable, performing, secure and meets audit requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The role is focused on delivering appropriate quality of service and solutions to all production end user voice and trading voice systems in APAC
- Participate and comply with any management processes including incident, request, problem, change, capacity, availability, documentation, commoditizing services, asset management, asset compliance and financial transparency
- Provide technical project management for voice system projects in APAC.
- Responsible for APAC voice system operation, including Cisco IPT, Nice Recording, and IPC
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level incident support for APAC voice infrastructure
- Deploy voice solutions based on global standard in the new office build projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5 years of related experience required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in Cisco IPT, CCNP/CCNA collaboration preferred
- Experience in Voice Recording: NICE, NTR, etc
- Experience in trading voice: IPC
- Experience or knowledge in data network
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Quick learner
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1434374