We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as the assistant editor. The responsibilities of the assistant editor include collaborating with the editor-in-chief, planning and producing new projects and publications, liaising with team members to meet deadlines, and ensuring all copy is accurate and original. To be successful as an assistant editor, you should be able to handle all stages of the publication process to deliver exceptional, informative content to meet audience preferences.
- Collaborating with the editor-in-chief to come up with new content on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Working with team members and assigning articles and projects, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Reviewing, editing, and proofreading content produced for accuracy, sense, content, and readability and making suggestions for improvements.
- Choosing supporting material, including graphs, images, and charts, to complement the written piece.
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas.
- Using social media and online video clips to support written articles.
- Using search engine optimization (SEO) to guide team members in creating topics of interest, draw attention to articles.
- Provide administrative support to the editor-in-chief.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, media and communications, or a related field.
- 1-2 years' experience in editing and publishing for a news or magazine outlet, exposure to business news coverage will be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of publishing tools, such as MS Office and InDesign.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and digital marketing.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Great critical thinking, independent, and good time management skills.
- Experience covering financial news or with journalism experience is good to have.
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (R1434374), stating the position as the subject title in the email.
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1434374