As an AWS Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing project's cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Government Commercial Cloud 2.0 (GCC 2.0). You will play a critical role in ensuring the reliability, scalability, and security of our cloud-based systems. This position requires a excellent technical background in AWS and infrastructure management to drive innovation and operational excellence.
- Infrastructure Design and Architecture:
- Collaborate closely with the client's Infrastructure team to facilitate discussions and develop a comprehensive AWS infrastructure design that aligns with the project's requirements.
- Develop and maintain the overall AWS infrastructure architecture, ensuring it aligns with business goals and scalability requirements.
- Build, Test and Implement cloud solutions that meet the project's needs.
- AWS Resource Management:
- Manage and optimize AWS resources, including EC2 instances, S3 storage, RDS databases, and other services.
- Implement cost-effective strategies to monitor and control AWS usage and expenses.
- Security and Compliance:
- Ensure the security and compliance of AWS environments, including configuring security groups, IAM policies, and encryption mechanisms.
- Implement best practices for data protection and access control.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery:
- Design and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions to minimize downtime and data loss.
- Create and test backup and recovery plans.
- Automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC):
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) scripts and templates using tools like Terraform.
- Automate deployment and scaling processes.
- Performance Optimization:
- Monitor system performance and identify opportunities for optimization and performance tuning.
- Implement scaling strategies to accommodate growing workloads.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
- Maintain detailed documentation of AWS configurations, procedures, and best practices.
- Share knowledge and provide training to other team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Must have AWS certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Proven experience in AWS infrastructure management, including designing, deploying, and optimizing AWS environments.
- Good understanding of cloud security, compliance, and best practices.
- Proficiency in infrastructure as code (IaC) tools and automation.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to participate in on-call rotations and handle urgent infrastructure issues.
- Keeping up-to-date with AWS services and industry trends.
- Proven experience in Government Commercial Cloud (GCC) is a plus
Cristina Malabuyoc Malijan EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1111547