Big Data Administrator
Min experience required: 7 years
Location: 401 Commonwealth drive HPTC
- Administer, develop, test, or demonstrate databases for a specific Platform.
- Perform many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management.
- Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
- Respond to support requests day to day; resolution will depend on the level of complexity but must be completed within a maximum of 72 hours
- Apply proper architecture guidelines to ensure highly available services
- Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across physical environments
- Develop and automate processes for maintenance of the environment
- Implement security measures for all aspects of the cluster
- Ensure proper resource utilization between the different development teams and processes
- Review performance stats and query execution/explain plans, and recommend changes for tuning Hive queries
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer information systems
- Min 7 years of experience in Oracle Big Data Administration and Oracle DB
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop architecture (HDFS), Hadoop cluster installation, configuration, monitoring, cluster security, cluster resources management, maintenance and performance tuning
- Expert-level knowledge of Hortonworks or Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Kafka, HBase, Spark, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper, Knox, Oozie, Ranger, Zeppelin, etc.
- Strong knowledge of key scripting and programming languages such as Python, Scala and Bash
- Experience with Linux and the ability to shell script with Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Proficiency with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance and support audits
- Experience with public, cloud, environments including AWS and Azure, as well as experience in build and deployment automation
- Intimate knowledge of fully integrated AD/Kerberos authentication and Sentry configuration
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure
***Thank you for your interest! However, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Saumya.email@example.com EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Reg No.: R1766612
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Tripathi Saumya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1766612