Primary Role Responsibilities
- Developing and updating carbon models and inventories following reporting protocols.
- Managing the delivery of carbon reporting projects, including progress reporting to clients
- Collection, analysis, and interpretation of datasets.
- Supporting organisations to develop carbon reduction and net zero carbon strategies.
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders including at all levels (internal networks, clients, regulators etc.);
- Maintaining knowledge of energy/carbon policy developments, carbon accounting, methodology changes, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues;
- Being accountable for key tasks and quality data outputs;
- Technical analysis related to environmental metrics;
- Assessing performance to target (energy and carbon metrics), and analysing and communicating the cause of any variances;
- Analysing data, prepare visual outputs of results in an engaging and meaningful way for our clients.
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese as role will need to liaise with counterparts in China for the preparation of reports and requirements for the project
An essential part of this role is working with a wider team on projects relating to carbon reporting, compliance, and low carbon roadmaps.
We are looking for an individual that can lead the following types of projects/workstreams:
- Carbon appraisals including estimating carbon intensities
- Carbon management including facilitation and advise on carbon abatement opportunities
- Implementing projects which result in carbon abatements
- Corporate carbon footprint reporting & GHG Protocol.
- Science-based targets; and familiar with other ESG reporting frameworks
- Life cycle-assessments.
- Renewable/low carbon technologies.
- Carbon regulation and policy, including standards such as VERRA and GOLD standards
- Circular economy.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, or any related discipline
- Min 3 years of relevant experience in collection, analysis, and interpretation of datasets
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese (min B3 for GCE O Level Chinese or similar) as role will need to liaise with counterparts in China for the preparation of reports and requirements for the project
- Candidates should be able to apply an in-depth appreciation of the science, policies and technologies linked to climate change, including the scientific basis underpinning international agreements on carbon reduction targets.
Cristina Malabuyoc Malijan EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1111547