As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Client manager role in performing client due diligence (CDD) checks on prospective customers at onboarding, periodic review and on existing customers going through a material trigger event
- Responsible to manage own book of onboarding work and complete by targeted timeline
- Outreach to customers in obtaining KYC information and documents, handholding clients through the CDD process
- Review the information and documents provided by customers during this process, ensure that all information and documents collected are good to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Work with the relationship management team in completing a risk assessment profile for each of these customers
- Work closely with the relationship management team on daily request handling
- Active stakeholder management - day-to-day work and resolutions of issues with Compliance, Operations, KYC teams, etc.
- Assist the team in completing ad hoc projects and provide support for urgent requests
- Preparation of data to track completion progress and MI reporting
- University degree with relevant experience in servicing large corporate clients
- Experience in performing due diligence checks on corporate customers
- Proficiency in AML/CFT regulations and guidelines
- Sensitive to operational and financial crime risks
- Self-starter to take up ad-hoc tasks and projects, demonstrate management and leadership aptitude
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Possess good Microsoft Office skills
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.