- Lead and manage the development and implementation of relevant architecture strategy
- Leading the definition of solution architecture for programmes and creating target state roadmaps
- Defining, maintaining and owning the technical architecture solution relating to distribution platforms within the supporting CIO function.
- Provide service governance of both existing and new technical non-functional service definitions maintained within an Infrastructure Service Catalogue
- Author and review Infrastructure Architecture Designs, approved by the Solutions Architecture Board (SAB)
- Develop trusted relationships across the organisation, not just in architecture, in order to ensure that the solutions proposed meet the business needs whilst aligning to the organisational technology vision;
- Accountable design authority for distribution technology decisions and architecture leadership within the appropriate governance bodies.
- Ensure that the target state for architecture is implemented consistently across the CIO function and respective of DevOps teams.
- Act as the recognised technical expert associated with the respective domain.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise CIO / Chief Architect and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Drive operational excellence on the full architectural life cycle and guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables
Have a system engineering background and the ability to compare and contrast different solutions to meet a business requirement. Provide technical thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Cloud technologies: (Google GCP, APIs)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus)
- Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Middleware (Websphere, Tomcat, Java, Messaging, Application Server, Web server)
- Networking (Cisco, TCP/UDP, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN, SDN)
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux, Windows, Solaris), Server Virtulization (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Storage (EMC SAN - FC, FCoE, iSCSI, SRDF; NetApp NAS - CIFS, NFS; Object storage)
- Databases (Oracle RAC, Sybase, Apache Hadoop & Hbase, MongoDB)
- Collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira)
Ways of Working Experiences sought:
- Experience of Agile principles and processes and leading teams in agile at-scale methods using DevOps tools and process.
- Understanding and practical experience working with DevOps toolset and frameworks.
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Passion for technology & understanding how things work
Specific Industry Experience Sought:
- Experience with General and Life Insurance products preferably with a large global insurer or fintech
- Demonstrate an understanding of the lifecycle of insurance product development from manufacturing through distribution channels, and the role Digital plays in the future of insurance distribution
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of available Insurance industry platforms
- An understanding of the similarities and differences between global insurance and country markets from a manufacturing and distribution perspective.
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1434374