- Analyze an organization and design its processes and systems, assessing the business model and its integration with technology.
- To convert the existing COBOL built application to the newly build Java application
- Assess current state, identify customer requirements, and define the future state and/or business solution.
- Research, gather and synthesize information.
- Provides intermediate-level system analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of data-centric applications in a Mainframe environment. Integrates third-party data as needed.
- Thoroughly understands and applies agile software development methodologies - Kanban in particular.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g. systems testers, and test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mainframe development
- Good working knowledge in mainframe environment with proven methodological expertise
- Experience in designing, programming and development mainframe platform
- Experience in Programming using e.g. COBOL, Java, CICS/DB2, PL/1, TSO, MVS, JCL, Angular and Spring Batch
- Demonstrated track record of good analysis, design, and implementation capabilities
Bernice Mae Nocum Rallonza EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1442141