Commissioning Specialist (Piping/ Petrochemical/ Contract)
The incumbent will work across grassroots and existing site areas and focus on preservation planning and execution and verification for both piping and rotating equipment. He/ she will be working with engineering contractors in a review and oversite role.
- Collaboration with the Contractor to ensure requirements for commissioning activities are clearly understood and adhered to.
- Ability to efficiently work with other groups (engineering, construction, quality) to resolve issues
- Leadership to ensure project priorities of safety, quality, and schedule are achieved.
- Serves as the on-site representative for company Commissioning Authority
- Assist Commissioning Authority with design review
- Witness contractor equipment on site start up activities and develop related reports
- Witness and document contractor QA/QC testing activities
- Review and verify pre-functional construction checklists and document related finding
- Review functional performance testing documents developed by the Commissioning Authority
- Possess over 10 years of strong technical skills within the specified discipline (e.g., Mechanical, Rotating Machinery) with a significant portion of experience being 'hands-on" fieldwork in their respective discipline
- Strong coordination or stewardship of field execution of commissioning activities, particularly Piping & Rotating equipment, including preparation or review of deliverables.
- Proficient in Work Management Systems
- Working knowledge of MEP and integrated control systems is required
- Effective communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
- Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Knowledgeable of Project Completions activities and typical commissioning practices including typical Systems Completion Database software (e.g., WinPCS, MC+, CoConsole, Orbit)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- LEED Certification is preferred
- Preferably with Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional experiences
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to email@example.com.
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259