Communications Officer (Financial)
The Communications team of the ASEAN Office looks for a Communications Officer. The successful candidate will be part of the team that drives publicity through media relations and outreach activities. Working closely with different teams, will strategize, develop and execute media content strategy to raise the awareness of the business. This role will report to the Assistant Head of Communications.
- Develop and/or prepare materials, including briefing documents, for executive engagements and interviews, media queries, press releases, etc.
- Proactively build and maintain relationship with media to drive coverage opportunities, including, pitching press releases/interviews/op-eds to target media, organizing press conferences and briefings, facilitating media queries to ensure timely and quality response, and maintaining the journalist database;
- Plan and execute calendar of media activities and initiatives, including outreach campaigns (e.g. media briefing on Annual Report); and oversee the circulation and publication of the business knowledge products, including the production of annual report;
- Maintain an awareness of reputational risks and threats by monitoring news coverage and social media and relevant issues, and responding to reputational risks crises in a timely manner, should they arise;
- Maintain and amplify partnerships with key industry bodies and stakeholders to drive awareness and outreach;
- Advise Senior Management, Group Heads, and groups/ teams on media/ communications-related matters;
- Provide editorial support to technical teams.
- Participate in any institution-wide activity, such as internal committees or task forces, as assigned.
- Perform any other duty as may be reasonably required in furtherance of the company's overall goals.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A Bachelor's degree, in journalism, public relations, communications, administration or related fields from a recognized university;
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience and knowledge in journalism, communications, public relations and/or related fields; prior experience in an international organization or other government institution focusing on economic surveillance/research area would be a plus
- Good international media network, including in the ASEAN region, and proven record in managing media relations;
- Exceptional writing and editing ability, and excellent verbal and presentation skills;
- Meticulous and has sharp eyes for details, especially in proof-reading and editing;
- Proficient event management skills with a proven track record in planning and organizing major outreach events
- Results-oriented and a team player.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Abelene Marianne Kang Mrs Abelene Marianne Rozario R2089914
EA License No: 02C3423 Reg No: 199505951H
Kang Abelene Marianne Mrs Rozario Abelene Marianne
EA License No.: 02C3423 | Personnel Reg No.: R2089914