This job role sits within the Market Compliance department, who is responsible for all Compliance aspect for the Singapore market. The Market Compliance department is the sole contact point for all regulator (including MAS) for Singapore. This position provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to understand the scope and depth of Compliance function especially on the Consumer Protection laws including but not limited to the Personal Data Protection Act, Credit card and Charge card regulation and various advertising and marketing codes and guidelines.
- The main responsibility of this position is to support the Singapore Market Compliance Officer in implementing the Singapore compliance program by focusing on enhancing the effectiveness of the compliance program by performing regular monitoring on the processes and procedure.
- The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Provides regulatory advisory to business on consumer protection laws; i.e. Credit card and Charge card regulation, Personal Data Protection Act, Credit Bureau Act, Gambling control Act etc.
- Perform analysis and investigate on potential data breach incidents, and assisting the business in implementing corrective and preventive measures.
- Assists the Market Compliance Officer in reviewing and providing approval for all advertising, Marketing and Communications materials, call and sales script.
- Performs regular review on Advertising and Marketing process to ensure adherence of regulatory requirements, policies and procedure.
- Provides scheduled training to all employees; Develops or revises training materials for Singapore market relevance where necessary. Assists in coordinating information request from regulators.
- Cascades new or revised compliance policies when directed by Market Compliance Officer, and follows through to ensure implementation of procedures and monitoring programs by relevant business units.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate Singapore compliance program inventory (policies & procedures, training and monitoring) in database to validate compliance accountability.
- Reviews complaint cases and responses to customers and regulator.
- Reviews Enterprise Incident Responses to determine reporting requirements.
- Assists the Market Compliance Officer in implementing new regulations
- Prepares monthly and quarterly management reports
- Other Compliance related activities as directed by the Market Compliance Officer
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree holder in Business Administration or any relevant field
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to conceptualize and breakdown complex issues into actionable tasks.
- Ability to execute tasks independently with appropriate coaching.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- High standard of integrity
- Experience in compliance, audit or legal is a plus
- Good knowledge of the Singapore's regulatory environment and applicable laws is a plus
Interested Applicants, please email your resume to email@example.com (R1767650), stating the position as the subject title in the email.
Charmane Castillo Lalog License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1767650