As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Support the Lead in driving strategic initiatives across the function and maintain governance & oversight in the Market.
- Assist the Compliance function to execute its obligation to be the focal point for all activity in the Group relating to Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime risks.
- Deliver an effective reporting and oversight capability at country level which enables the functions to deliver oversight to relevant governance committees.
- In collaboration with other teams within Compliance, develop and maintain the risk steward view of the effectiveness of the financial crime risk framework and ensure that this view is communicated consistently to relevant risk governance meetings.
- Partner with the Regional/Market Compliance heads to oversee compliance/regulatory risk.
- Oversight and management of risk appetite reporting and provision of comprehensive analysis and insightful commentary to senior management and through governance up to and including regional and business line Risk Management Meetings and Boards.
- Development, implementation, and ongoing management of the risk appetite framework including methodologies, processes and policies. Providing support and guidance to all countries and business lines on risk appetite matters.
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Compliance roles, Governance or Oversight of function in Compliance.
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels.
- Ability to develop practical, cost-effective solutions to complex global issues.
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com (R1434374), stating the position as the subject title in the email.
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.