Our client is a US Manufacturing MNC and is a renowned leader in materials engineering solutions. They are hiring for Contract Buyer to join them on an exciting career journey.
Contract Buyer (Renewable Contract) | Changi
- Forecast and communicate engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers.
- Provide input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis.
- Coordinate demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
- Critical part and regional supplier management.
- Form Materials Core Team and coordinate product development process deliverable through matrix management of buyers, planners, and production control.
- Collaborate with engineering team to interpret engineering requirements.
- Create, release and update new project materials strategy.
- Assist in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary.
- Utilize supplier's selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers.
- Complete supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts.
- Monitor supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
- Coordinate activities around source selection, specification creation and price negotiation with appropriate team members.
- Execute commercialization (transition) materials plan.
- Manage materials change control process and meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues.
- Generate and publish Key Process Indicators.
- Track total landed costs targets.
- Work with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements.
- Assist in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
- Utilize value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Cost analysis.
- Actively mediate and partner with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues for assigned product groups.
- Escalate issues to Commodity Business Managers when necessary.
- Diploma/Degree in Business/Supply chain or related
- 3years purchasing experience, preferably from manufacturing industries.
- Proficient with MS OFFICE
- Familiar in using SAP system
12months Contract, with potential for conversion to Permanent basis
Salary: up to S$4500per month
Location: Changi area
Able to start work at short notice/immediate
Interested applicant, please submit resume in MS Word doc format to: firstname.lastname@example.org (R1110894)
Consultant Name: Yap Yen Leng
Licence no: R1110894
Yen Leng Yap EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1110894