Your role is focused on protecting data and preventing disruptions caused by digital attacks through the review, implementation, monitoring and upgrading of security measures with a focus on networking infrastructure. You will also respond to security breaches, test system vulnerabilities and provide Management with system reporting.
This role is suitable for those in the field of IT infrastructure maintaining networks and servers and with exposure to cybersecurity; and looking for a switch to the field of cybersecurity. There is a opportunity for learning and growth for the right candidate.
- Networking. Familiarity with networking is a must. This involves implementing and maintaining (with vendor support) all networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi and so on. May involve mapping and re-architecting the network to further improve security.
- Server Administration. Operational familiarity with hypervisors (eg: Hyper-V) as well as administrative experience with Windows and Linux servers and Active Directory (Entra ID) is a must.
- Cloud. Familiarity with Azure cloud or other hyperscalers is a plus. To apply infrastructure security concepts and adapt them to the cloud domain.
- Provide assessment and review on solutions and proposals related to IT security and IT networking including cloud platforms such as Azure.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of cybersecurity infrastructure strategies, policies, procedures, documentation and guidelines.
- Liaise and coordinate with other internal teams and vendors on matters pertaining to infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- Scan for industry best practices and technologies on cybersecurity.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science / Information Science / Network Technology / Cyber & Digital Security / Engineering / Infocomm Security or any other related fields
- At least 8 years of experience in the domain of IT infrastructure with a focus on networking and cybersecurity combined
- Ability to demonstrate a capability for continuous learning such as through the acquisition of CISSP, CISA, CISM or related certification.
- Technical knowledge of tools and techniques, with a particular emphasis on networking and servers.
- Conversant with security-related technologies like firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Joanna Tham Pooi Kwan
Registration No.: R1985398
EA License No.: 02C3423