As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
A Data Architect in the Health Insurance Domain is a strategy thought leader who is instrumental in the delivery of all Life & Health projects within the Insurance market. The job holder owns the design and development of data related technology architectures, ensuring they are aligned with group standards, align to IT and business strategy, meet business objectives, and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of relevant data architecture strategy and standards for Insurance Act as the recognized technical expert associated with the respective domain.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise CIO / Chief Architect and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Translate business needs into solution designs and data models, and prepare specifications sufficient for engineering team to prepare technical specifications and delivery
- Design and improve data models and underlying solutions that are future proof, reusable for data & analytics initiatives (including operational use cases and analytical use cases)
- Design and maintain best practice on data architecture (including solution architecture, data modeling), with clear documentations
- Develop an expert-level understanding of relevant data domain, cloud solution, systems and strategies
- Assist teams in architecture governance boards / activities to review solution and data models designs, build and review documentations and artifacts, and review use case implementations to ensure delivery in alignment to solution design and best practices
- Work with business lines technical design and control authorities to acquire approvals on solution and data designs
- Explore green field technologies to enrich solutions on cloud platform
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science or related majors
- At least 10 years of experience in architecture role in General and Life Insurance products preferably with a large global insurer or fintech.
- Excellent knowledge on data architecture, including data modeling (conceptual / logical / physical data modeling), transactional database solution vs analytical database solution, ETLs, data-related non-functional requirement design (e.g.. backup, archiving, performance etc)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to explain technical concepts to numerous business and technical stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills to assess design effectiveness and limitations and assist design decision based on facts and business values
- Self-motivated to take up new responsibilities, knowledge domain and skills beyond data architecture / data domain
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to Rupa Kankariya (R1441955)
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Rupa Kankariya (R1441955) EA Licence No (02C3423)
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.