The Tier 1 Data Center Technician will be working alongside operations leads in supporting installs, troubleshooting, and maintaining servers, networking equipment and cabling. Entry level of experience working with computers and related knowledge is expected. You must be able to execute small projects independently and in teams.
- Server installation, decommission, & maintenance (Storage, PDUs, NICs, etc.)
- Network installation & maintenance (rack & stack, cabling, parts replacement, etc.)
- Inventory of network and server equipment - Asset Management and Data Collection. Capture critical device information such as asset tag, serial numbers, MAC addresses and related information.
- Ensure proper cable management and power redundancy practices are in use
- Self-perform basic server troubleshooting such as power and link light verification
- Interface with customers, clients, and technical staff as needed
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment as directed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Execute installations in accordance to server elevation diagrams and patching matrices
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years of datacenter or similar technical experience
- Computer and Network related certification (CCNA, Network +, A+) is an added advantage
- Understanding of types of network and server hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, KVMs, JBOD's etc.
- Experience in operating systems installations: Microsoft Windows Server, Linux distributions, & VMWare
- Experience within a data center environment and basic tasks such as rack & stack, patching, hardware install, 2 post vs 4 post racks, U-counts etc.
- Familiar with network cabling such as types of fiber and copper. (SMF, MMF, CAT6A, Twinaxial)
- Familiar with basic server hardware and components (CPU, memory, storage, NICs, etc.)
- Basic understanding of datacenter air flow, heat management, and power redundancy practices
- Able to use basic hand tools. Drills and screwdriver
- Regularly lift equipment weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to read and comprehend rack elevations, patching matrices, network topologies
- Ensure given tasks are completed in a timely manner through independent planning, prioritization and time management
Bernice Mae Nocum Rallonza EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1442141