As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Drives the use of Agile methodologies within Technology teams (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Lean) in line with corresponding transformation frameworks at the bank
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective at a tribe level where appropriate
- Works with other scrum masters to produce look forward metrics for senior management reporting as well as programme tracking for continuous improvement
- Works with other team members (including engineering leads, scrum masters and business stakeholders) to ensure sprint plans with clearly defined outcomes are achievable and to help prioritize delivery and sprint goals at a tribe level
- Guide and coach, the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team(s) in self-organization, cross-functional skills, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in Science, Business Administration, Social Sciences in psychology, economics, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- At least 5-10 years of experience as scrum master with excellent agile delivery experience with knowledge of waterfall methodologies
- Insurance and/ or Financial Services Industry experience a must
- Scrum master certification (CSM, PSM) is good to have.
- Previous experience with large scale technology migration and integration
- A Good understanding of insurance product manufacturing and distribution processes and end to end technology experience
- Assess process and system use and focus on KPIs to track progress and manage changes, eg, Confluence, and Jira
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders i.e., PO.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to bring analytical rigor, structure, and effective solutions to poorly defined problems
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Personnel Reg No.: R1441955
EA License No.: 02C3423
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.