The Demurrage & Ancillary Team is an essential part of the Commercial Operations Services team, which is a centre of expertise providing support and advice to the wider Operations team. The Team aims to create maximum value to Trading and Shipping by managing both Demurrage & Ancillary claims with professionalism and proficiency to achieve optimal value for company.
- Analyse Cargo Contracts, Charter Party Contracts and Cargo Documents to assess both Ancillary as well as Demurrage claims.
- Evaluate received claims to ensure that the calculation is in conformance with the governing contractual terms and conditions.
- Issue Demurrage and Ancillary claims and make recoveries in an organised, accurate and timely manner.
- Engage in written and verbal negotiation with counterparty to achieve optimal value on both issued and received claims.
- Ensure accurate and meticulous recording of all claims and correspondences within the Company System.
- Work independently and liaise closely with cargo surveyors, shipping agents and shipbrokers to obtain additional information and documentation to substantiate and verify claims.
- Provide advice and support to the traders, operators, financial reporting team and other stakeholders on Demurrage and Ancillary matters.
- Support the wider team of Operations as required.
- Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience.
- Working knowledge and application of laytime, demurrage and shipping related costs.
- Passion for working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- An open and flexible mind-set and cultural sensitivity.
- Sound analytical skills and commercial awareness.
- Possess good verbal and written negotiation skills.
- Excellent collaborative and time management skills.
- Interest to learn and desire to succeed.
- Good team player and self-motivated.
- Meticulous and inquisitive.
- MS Excel and general computer knowledge.
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551