We are SLB, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We are looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what is possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
Design for Manufacturability Engineer (Automation/ Mechanical)
Company Transport Provided (Boon Lay)
Salary Up to $7000 depending on experience
AWS + VB
Job Summary :
- Responsible for managing the manufacturability of products.
- Establishes reliable, stable and Lean manufacturing processes.
- Key interface between Engineering and Manufacturing, and provides expertise in areas such as machining, process planning (Lean), electronic and mechanical assembly, test procedures and select special processes such coatings, forging, casting, injection molded etc.
- Design processes using Lean concepts, such as standardized work instructions, line balancing, layout and work sequence optimization, training development matrix, value stream mapping, Kaizen/5S workouts, pull processes, total preventive maintenance, cell design and quick changeover and batch-size optimization.
- Identify manufacturing risks on new products and minimize or eliminate them using Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools.
- Direct the engineering team on manufacturability concepts and materials during the design phase to define and eliminate manufacturing risks and ensure the manufacturability of new designs during new and rapid response product development.
- Be responsible, with Production or Manufacturing Manager, for manufacturing sign-off.
- Provide manufacturing expertise on drawings to help ensure consistency between component requirements and manufacturing capability.
- For electrical systems and supplies, provide support during the review eDFM reports and validation of the CM Board transfer process.
- Maintain Design for Manufacturability responsibility while managing the transition of new products to the appropriate Integration or Production Center for ENP and pilot series builds.
- Incorporate shop floor and supplier manufacturability issues into future products.
- Manage manufacturability issues to ensure that established product quality and product yield levels are met at the start of production.
- Help investigate, analyze root cause and implement corrective action for product quality and product yield issues during product launch.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in manufacturing, automation
- Bachelors or Masters in Industrial, Mechanical, or manufacturing or equivalent combination of higher degree and experience.
- Experience with robotics, AI and machine learning
- Good understanding of computer programming and automation process development
If you possess relevant skillsets, do apply with an updated CV in word format.
Apple Lim Pey Chyi - Apple.firstname.lastname@example.org
Personnel Reg No: R2090579
EA Licence No: 02C3423
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apple, Pey Chyi Lim EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090579