- Direct operations and investigations against online harms, such as inappropriate content threatening user safety and harms against the public interest (including deliberate falsehoods). Operationalize and effect Codes of Practice tagged to online safety legislation, including POFMA and other relevant legislation (including proposed amendments to the Broadcasting Act).
- Lead the teams in working with stakeholders across Government and industry to operationalize key legislation relating to online safety.
- Multiple stakeholder negotiations and coordination are expected
- In relation to user safety, working with industry to refine systems and processes to comply with legislative requirements, as well as working with subject matter experts across Government to assess potentially harmful content.
- Guide the team to ensure smooth operations and that swift, consistent and effective action is taken.
- Lead the teams in working across Government to ensure effective communication of decisions to the domestic and international community.
- Lead the teams to perform research and engage relevant government agencies, Institutes of Higher Learning and industry to understand international developments in content regulation, and apply the findings to policy reviews.
- Oversee team in the assessment of content brought to attention via public feedback, internal feedback or media reports, including assessing the team's validity of the feedback received and the draft replies to the complainants.
- Work in close collaboration with agencies to build technical capabilities to address non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Background in Humanities, Social Sciences, Mass Communications or Legal Studies.
- At least 8 years in a management or leadership capacity with divisional responsibility.
- Preferably with public policy, economic regulatory and/or enforcement/investigation knowledge or experience.
- Have an interest in understanding socio-political issues and developments.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all the stakeholders
See Peng Kiong, Alvin License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R22104903