As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of relevant architecture strategy and standards for Insurance
- Leading the definition of solution architecture for programmes and creating target state roadmaps
- Defining, maintaining and owning the technical architecture solution relating to GI platforms within the supporting CIO function.
- Develop trusted relationships across the organisation, not just in architecture, in order to ensure that the solutions proposed meet the business needs whilst aligning to the organisational technology vision;
- Accountable design authority for GI technology decisions and architecture leadership within the appropriate governance bodies.
- Ensure that the target state for architecture is implemented consistently across the CIO function and respective of DevOps teams.
- Act as the recognised technical expert associated with the respective domain.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise CIO / Chief Architect and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Drive operational excellence on the full architectural life cycle and guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables
- Oversees and supports solution architecture to align with decision driven design framework.
- Ensures systems are reviewed for compliance with Clients standards, policies and Future State Architecture strategy.
- Ensures that any identified technical risks are highlighted appropriately (e.g. to the Global Business/Global Function & HTS RMM).
- Understand Clients global businesses and global function strategies and drives the Future State Architecture to ensure IT's current and future capabilities satisfy these business needs.
- Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences IT stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services and that appropriate service level agreements are defined.
- Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
- Promotes IT policies, practices and decisions that recognise the current and evolving needs of all the stakeholders.
- Takes full responsibility for the balance between non-functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Analyses business processes improvement opportunities; identifies alternative technical solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components
- Ensures sustainability is incorporated into the specification and design of systems and services.
- Ensure appropriate adherence to Clients standards.
- Coordinates the identification and assessment of emerging technologies & innovation opportunities, new methods and trends in IT capabilities and products to the advancement of the organisation. Sets research goals, makes effective proposals for the investment of funds in PoCs
Interested Candidates may send their resume and cover letter directly to Hibah.email@example.com ,stating the position as the subject title in the email.
Hibah Bakhtavar | EA License No. 02C3423 | Personnel Registration No. R21103109
Hibah Bakhtavar EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R21103109
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.