Engineering Technician (Electrical| Shift| Jurong)
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The Engineering Technician is responsible for the proper exercise of QHSE Policy and Procedures required by company and safely performing testing operations and inspection in line with specifications, standards and procedures in meeting test schedule per customers' delivery time.
The role requires understanding of complex flow loops, auxiliary equipment's such as pumps, motors, heaters, heat exchangers, compressors, and related power equipment's such as switch gears, feeders, UPS, drives, transformers. Versatility and to act with agility in a safe manner in a very complex environment is a must
Experience and Competencies:
- Experience with maintenance of Oil heaters, gas booster systems, charge pumps, compressors, dyno's is good.
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting PLC logic design, hands on experience in implementing and troubleshooting communication issues on Modbus ( TCP,RTU) and Profibus would be a plus
- Adept at managing vendors/contractors during construction, maintenance and upgrading works
- Prior working experience with high-pressure high-temperature system is good.
Related Job Functions:
1) QHSE Responsibility: Comply with Schlumberger QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety, Environment) policies and Standards; Comply with government laws and regulations on Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment
2) Applying 5S QC work area environment and participation in continual quality improvement program
3) Accountable for adhering to company policies, standards, procedures, and work instructions within area of activity.
4) Carry out test procedures according to written procedures and directives. Ensure testing operations are performed safely in the testing facility.
4.1 Conduct inspection and full load test on motors.
4.2 Conduct electrical checks such as insulation, hi-pot and surge test on motors.
4.3 Conduct inspection and testing of pumps both horizontally and vertically.
4.4 Conduct vibration test on pumps, gas handler, protectors and motors.
4.5 Conduct high-pressure testing such as hydrostatic test
4.6 Conduct minor pipe fittings work.
4.7 Conduct minor maintenance work as per PM schedule.
4.8 Assist in the installation, verification, calibration and servicing of all available measuring instruments such as pressure transducer, flow meters.
4.9 Conduct minor trouble-shooting work on all available test systems including test instruments and equipment
5) Monitor inspection and testing instruments, equipments and tooling recalibration requirements to ensure all are calibrated and maintained to an applicable standard.
In addition to or in lieu of those described above, any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the company.
- Education: NTC-2/3 Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience: Five years of related experience from a process industry
- Basic electrical safety knowledge.
- PC knowledge in email, Microsoft Words & Excel.
- Must be able to work two/three rotating shifts.
- Able to work overtime as and when requested.
- Requires to perform heavy-duty tasks
- Good communication skills.
If you have the relevant skillsets, please apply with your updated CV in word format.
We shall inform shortlisted candidates.
Ng Yew Koon Sherry
Senior Recruitment Consultant (R1657259)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259