As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of relevant architecture strategy and standards for Insurance
- Introduce new practices, processes, operating models, techniques, products, services, technologies, and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies
- Leading the definition of solution architecture for the enterprise and utility sub value stream and creating target state roadmaps
- Defining, maintaining, and owning the technical architecture solution relating to platforms within the program
- Develop trusted relationships across the organization, not just in architecture, to ensure that the solutions proposed to meet the business needs whilst aligning to the organizational technology vision.
- Accountable design authority for distribution technology decisions and architecture leadership within the appropriate governance bodies.
- Ensure that the target state for architecture is implemented consistently across the CIO function and respective of DevOps teams.
- Act as the recognized technical expert associated with the respective domain
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise the CIO / Chief Architect and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Drive operational excellence on the full architectural life cycle and guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables
The incumbent will partner with key stakeholders to:
- Define and deliver solutions platforms with tiered service levels whilst adopting Agile methods.
- Apply architectural risk management techniques and decision-making principles to ensure that delivery velocity is maintained without compromising architectural integrity.
- Seek to push forward Cloud and modernization strategies to provide cost-effective and future-proofed solutions for the bank.
- Enable effective regulatory, audit & security controls.
- Degree holder in Computer engineering, Information Technology, or any related discipline
- Experience in enterprise-level software for scale delivery working in the insurance domain
- Ability to Identify key system architecture components, propose and help teams build solutions that unblock deployments.
- Experience in digital and broader architectural transformation, applying solutions for experience in decomposing monolith solutions and methods to manage for technical legacy reduction.
- Ability to understand, articulate and translate customer journeys into technical design, leveraging API and micro-service architecture techniques.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of enterprise-level software development and API based integration
- Participate in technical design and oversee all technology-related issues of cloud product development, building a micro-services-based architecture, promoting API reuse, and managing down technical legacy across the enterprise.
Ways of Working Experiences sought:
- Experience in Agile principles and processes and leading teams in agile at-scale methods using DevOps tools and processes.
- Understanding and practical experience working with DevOps toolset and frameworks.
Specific Industry Experience Sought:
- Experience within the insurance industry preferably with a large global insurer or fintech.
- Good experience in the context of Agile / DevOps, and Microservices.
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.