Entity Controller (Sarbanes Oxley/ US GAAP/ Immed/ East/ 6 Month)
Our client is a well-established US based company that provide engineering services and aerospace systems.
Entity controller is a key role in the finance organization to ensure US and Local GAAP compliance, fully responsible for the finance and accounting delivery for the entities assigned, and a key driver in transformation and improvement of the finance processes and organization.
US/Local GAAP reporting and Controls
- Drive and co-ordinate the period-end closing activities. Ensure the accounts are recorded and reported on-time, with quality and in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of statutory financial statements. Manage finance operation staffs and/or outsourced service provider preparing statutory filings. Review and approve statutory filings and other ad hoc report required by government authorities.
- Partner with Tax department to (1) review and ensure the timely and accurate local income tax filing and tracking of deferred tax assets and liabilities (2) Manage finance operation staffs and/or outsourced service provider preparing the calculation and reporting.
- Partner with Tax department to (1) Review and ensure VAT, Business Tax and Withholding tax are filed timely, accurately and completely (2) Review and manage finance operation staffs or outsourced service provider prepare monthly Consolidated Tax Package, VAT and Withholding Tax reports.
- Closely working with CFL on the resolution of complex, material accounting issues with alignment with business group and Commercial Finance teams.
- Closely working with CFL to ensure strong internal controls and oversee improvements in the control framework. Execute key controls including reviewing high-risk Account Reconciliation and supporting CFL to do material Balance Sheet Review, and ensure timely remediation of control risks.
- Investigate accounting and control-related matters as assigned.
- Manage relationship with internal and external auditors including group, statutory and tax auditors. Support CFL to do Plan, co-ordinate all internal and external audits in Singapore
Functional Transformation & HOS
- Support the deployment of Enterprise Controllership Model for the responsible entities and ensure alignment with the target Finance Operating Model and key stakeholders. Ensure consistency with Commercial Finance, Controllership Operations and functional teams.
- Support controllership aspects of the site assessment for assigned entities.
- Support successful deployment of transition/transformation projects, partner with SBG legal entity in to transition statutory filing work to a centralized team.
- Assist CFL to drive Controllership HOS initiatives and improve process consistency, standardization & effectiveness and organizational productivity.
Business and Corporate Function Partnering
- Support Tax department in all local tax authority examination by maintaining adequate legal entity documentation and providing information as required in a timely manner. Ensure all critical tax matters are escalated timely to Tax Department for awareness and resolution.
- Partner with Treasury to safeguard and optimize free cash, investment of free cash and to co-ordinate restructuring, acquisition funding, etc.
- Partner with business leaders and provide value-adding financial services and advice.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA equivalent is preferred (USCPA, ACCA or CPA)
- 5+ years of finance experience managing legal entity compliance requirement
- 3+ years knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and US GAAP
- Broad understanding of legal, regulatory and compliance requirements for Singapore
- Good knowledge on Singapore VAT, Business Tax, Withholding Tax and Corporate Income Tax
- Quickly adapts to changing circumstances and business needs.
- Strong communication skills
- Possess and analytical mindset
- Singaporeans who are immediately available are preferred.
- Degree in BA and Financial Accounting Qualification
If you have the relevant skillsets, please send in your updated CV in word format to email@example.com.
We regret only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259