- The principal job function of the Field Service Engineer (FSE) is to provide after-sales technical service support for laboratory Systems/Equipment.
- The Field Service Engineer will be the first line technical service support to the customers.
- The responsibilities include, but not exclusive and effectively the area of responsibilities will be set by the market needs and provide tele-problem troubleshooting, coordinate in-house technical service, render technical assistance in repair and QC, maintain good service workflow, organize service inventory, ensure traceable service documentation and parts.
- The Field Service Engineer needs to be independent, self-motivated, likes to work with people and can work under pressure. Technical service support is either provided in the office via telephone, e-mail and web, or in most instances and frequently at customer's site, henceforth should be able to work independently, has technical competency, possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, soft skill in people management, organization skill, as well as excellent technical analysis and problem- solving skills.
1. Technical Support Management
- Performing the Repair, Maintenance & Installation of LSG and CDG system.
- Ensure call is logged before it is attended
- Diagnose technical problem, with the use of troubleshooting flowcharts and error code.
- Update of service calls into SMAX.
- Perform QC service.
- Perform in-house service repair.
- When needed, refurbish faulty equipment for loan and rental
2. Service Documentation Efficiency Management
- Ensure reliability and completeness of FSR submitted
- Update customers profile document
Service Log-call Documentation:
- Ensure proper closure of service work order in SMAX
- Prepare LFR purchase of service parts for approval
3. Recondition the instruments and parts
- Recondition CDG and LSG equipment.
- Manage manufacturing refurbish part (lamp, detector…)
4. Technical Service Implementation Capability
- Managements Demo units and Service.
- Support service call with CTS.
- Service Tools management with Service Admin
- Ensure that the Bio-Rad commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved and constantly improved
- Degree in Electronics/Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering (Laboratory Instrumentation and/or Diagnostics Instrumentation)
- Diploma in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- At least 3 years of field service experience in medical laboratories and life science industry
- With work experience in hematology or HLPC products is a plus
- Able to work independently and pro-actively provide feedback
- Sound technical knowledge in electronics troubleshooting
- Knowledge in computer (install/upgrade software etc.)
- Excellent customer handling skills over phone
- Prepared for 24/7 standby
- Maintain balanced approach under stressed situations
- Good organization and documentation skills
Interested applicants with relevant experience, please send your updated resume to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you.
Pal-Ing Ernielyn Tizon EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1100414