We are SLB, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We are looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what is possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
Foundry Metallurgist (Welding/ Melting/ Heat Treat)
Company Transport Provided (Boon Lay)
Salary Up to $7000 depending on experience
AWS + VB
- Design daily melt schedule and heats to meet customer specifications and cost targets
- Document and develop best practices and SOP's
- Develop and train melt department to meet current and future demands
- Drive efficiency, quality, as it relates to melting techniques
- Process and material failure analysis and troubleshooting
- Work with and specify metallurgical chemistry, heat treatment processes, and weld upgrade technology to meet current and future customer specifications as well as internal needs
- Casting defect analysis and troubleshooting
- Scrap and rework reduction
- Collaborate with 3rd party testing vendor to ensure certification completion
- Continually improve foundry practices
- Proactively interpret Customer casting requirements and translate into proper manufacturing processes and controls.
- Support other engineering and manufacturing functions as necessary
- Bachelors' degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Material Science, or other related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a technical role; Foundry is ideal
- Broad knowledge of varied alloy groups, High Nickel Alloys is ideal
- Ability to collect and process data accurately
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to read and produce technical reports and diagrams of manufacturing processes
- Ability and willingness to work with all levels of the Company
- Ability to contribute to manufacturing strategy
- Knowledge of welding processes and qualifications
If you possess relevant skillsets, do apply with an updated CV in word format.
We shall contact shortlisted candidates.
Apple Lim Pey Chyi - Apple.firstname.lastname@example.org
Personnel Reg No: R2090579
EA Licence No: 02C3423
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apple, Pey Chyi Lim EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090579