Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Perform month end/year end close activities and analysis including consolidation and tax & statutory reporting, ensuring the overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness and compliance of the financial information
- Hands-on experience with daily financial accounting operations (not limited to monthly closing, handling bank payments and transaction etc)
- Produce and develop month-end board level reporting, analytical reviews, and other reporting required by stakeholders.
- Oversee the closing and audit for the Group, with holding and subsidiaries located in multiple countries, and ensure all the financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Drive tech development to improve efficiency and adapt to fast-growing business needs
- Lead and work closely with stakeholders to identify process improvement and gaps; Design the right process with good control which is scalable.
Taxation Strategy, planning and compliance
- Drive tax optimization initiatives and ensuring tax compliance matters for the Group
- Perform transfer pricing study and propose the optimal structure for the intercompany transactions; Ensure compliance on transfer pricing documentation and agreement to be put in place.
- Drive and coordinate all key treasury processes including cashflow planning and forecasting by establishing treasury frameworks, monitoring and improving efficiency in cash management.
- Explore and build banking relationship with a new Global bank that able to support the growth of the Group.
- Lead the integration of newly acquired subsidiary; streamline process and use of ERP system.
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretary, local tax, and government authorities where required.
- Lead, manage and continue growing the team to keep up with the growth of the business and accounting requirement
- Play a lead role in providing sound advice from a finance perspective with solid data and analysis to aid the management team with strategic decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting with professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CPA or equivalent), possesses good understanding of SFRS/IFRS
- At least 8-12 years of working experience, preferably with 5-6 years of prior working experience with a Big 4 Auditing firm and 5-6 years' experience in a senior finance position with a private firm
- Have experience and direct exposure with US businesses and accounting systems; Working experience in the US a strong plus
- Retail / Ecommerce / B2C experience a strong plus
- Expert problem solver, analytical and strategic thinker, and decision-maker
- Strong interpersonal skills with the propensity to successfully foster new and maintain long-standing business relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written; skilled in the art of negotiation
- Tech savvy with prior experiences in driving / managing any ERP implementations would be advantageous
- Strong leader able to lead and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
See Peng Kiong, Alvin License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R22104903