This ole will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This is an individual contributor role with no direct supervisory responsibilities but will need to serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization relating to the business partnering role.
This role requires the individual to be hands-on in HR operational services to the Southeast Asia region and familiarity with labor law as well as past work experience in recruitment, payroll processing, compensation & benefits as well as benefit administration for countries in Southeast Asia region will be highly preferred.
Responsibilities for the role will include working with the HR Leaders and business leaders to align HR initiatives (planning & execution) to meeting strategic business objectives. Active participation and communication with the business leaders as well as the employee population will be critical towards ensuring successful implementation of HR initiatives for success in business goals achievement.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting regular check-in sessions with employees and business leaders on business goals progress
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides regular performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
To be successful, the incumbent would need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The incumbent would also need to be able to comprehend, interpret and apply appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances and policies, have thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices and administrative practices over the course of time. High proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, will be required, as the role will involves much data analysis from raw data and multiple sources, and presentation, hence proficiency in Microsoft Power-point would be important.
Stephanie, Wei Yien Liew EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1543248