As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Support the coordination of, and drive transformation initiatives e.g. planning, reporting, operational review and management
- Provide PMO support to monitor, manage and govern the programme in line with the strategy & transformation programmes/initiatives to meet its short- and long-term strategic integration goals
- Support the PMO lead in running and organizing regular respective management meetings including preparation of presentation materials, communication plans, business cases via coordination with respective key stakeholders
- Prepare management reports, conduct business research and participate in ad hoc activities required by the programme director to meet programme needs
- Builds trusted relationships with contacts within other (non PMO) areas
- Monitor program/project baselines to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule
- Proactively identify risks and issues on programs/ projects, helping teams to develop risk management and issue management plans and escalation paths
- Identify potential points of contention for missed deliverables
- Develop and manage plans to address program/project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Analysis of program/project data to produce management information and identify and deliver continual improvement
- Hands on resource on planning and technical activities
- Monitor, report and manage budgets and expenditure
- Implement project standards across projects
- Provides expertise and best practice on agile practices, shares knowledge, lessons learned, templates, advice on tools such as Jira, Jenkins and Ansible, DevOps practices, asset capitalisation guidance, Agile engineering practices guidance
- Undertakes Quality Assurance checks throughout the technology project lifecycle and benefits realisation
- Degree in Business, Information Technology or related field
- Experience in Project or Programme Management Office, operating in a global environment with excellent track record of business and IT programme delivery in a global, regional and local structure
- Insurance Industry experience and domain knowledge of technology and agile delivery
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and changing priorities.
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of working within a PMO office, implementing best practice within large scale Program Management standards, tooling, and processes to support traditional and Agile models of delivery
- Ability to bring analytical rigour, structure, and effective solutions to poorly defined problems
- Good interpersonal, influencing, persuading and communication skills - applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Proven ability to manage teams via online tools (e.g. JIRA/ Confluence)
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to Rupa Kankariya (R1441955)
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Rupa Kankariya (R1441955) EA Licence No (02C3423)
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.