International biotech company is looking for a Pre-Analytical Executive who believes in our mission to deploy innovative diagnostic technology and wants to be part of our laboratory operations.
- Receiving and checking specimens (including COVID-19 specimens), sorting and labeling patient samples, and preparing them for data entry and analysis in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety requirements of the laboratory
- Supporting the laboratory in the area of pre-processing
- Following all laboratory protocols and policies in checking the quantity of specimens received and ensuring that specimen identification tallies with the request forms
- Ensuring and assisting in the care, cleanliness and maintenance of the laboratory work area and equipment
- Maintaining an adequate level of laboratory supplies in the work area, receiving requested stock items and distributing them to the appropriate places within the laboratory
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, as well as inventory management or other assigned duties (e.g. freezer defrosting)
- Assisting medical laboratory technologists/lab staff during the laboratory tests when required (e.g. contamination monitoring)
Specimens are received at our laboratory for cancer diagnostics and COVID-19 testing. Please note that you will not be coming into direct contact with any of the specimens, but you should be comfortable handling the kits, blood tubes etc. that contain such specimens. These would include blood/tissue samples for cancer-related tests and swab/saliva samples for COVID-19 tests.
- At least a diploma. Experience in a related field (e.g. biological sciences, molecular biology, genetics) is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail, high degree of meticulousness and good organizational skills. This is an administrative role that is a crucial part of our workflow.
- Flexible in working on weekends/public holidays/ shift as needed based on staff roster
Amanda Lim Ghim Teng License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R21101487