Lab Technician (Quality Control/ QMS/ Contract/ Entry Level)
12-Month Contract (Convertible to Perm)
Location : Jurong Refinery
Company Transport Provided
Our client is one of the world's largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies . They're actively looking for Lab Technician to join their operations.
Main Responsibilities :
- Contribute to the safe operation and quality of the Lab to meet the Business Team Goals.
- Intervene when observing unsafe act and identify safety issues within the Lab and raise to the appropriate level.
- Strengthen and maintain the creditability of Lab testing skill.
- Respond to emergencies
- Understands the requirements of and executes work in his assigned post in accordance with the Lab Quality, Operating and Safety Procedures and comply to QP&G, ASTM/IP/UOP/AMS/AMI/IH's Testing Methods, Site Safety Standards and OIMS requirements.
- Understand and apply LPS requirements as defined in OIMS 5.1 including LPSA in daily tasks participate in LPO process, JLA development and Near Miss Reporting.
- Responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others (Actively Caring) in assigned post. Participates in safety audits and take action to rectify unsafe facilities, work conditions and acts.
- Participates in safety meetings and periodically conducts field checks on work in respective areas.
- Participates in incident investigations and proposes solutions and recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Participates in emergency drills and able to react confidently when BCP activated.
- Ownership and ensure of housekeeping standards are met in their assigned area.
- Able to recognize and understand the GHS requirement and hazards controls and identifications.
- Must know all the locations of fire extinguishers / Emergency Eye Wash / Emergency Showers / Safety Critical Devices and Control of Defeats procedures and Posion Withdrawal Rule and Regulation and use them effectively.
- Execute work in his assigned post accordance with the DIAF, Control of QP&G, ISO 17025, Lab Quality Manual, Lab Operating Procedures, and ASTM/IP/UOP/AMS/AMI/IH Testing Methods.
- Understand and conduct responsibilities as defined in OIMS 6.2
- Conduct routine and certifying of refinery products as per testing methods.
- Perform Lab instrument's SQC as per schedules.
- Conduct V&V and intervention on peer and contractors working within Lab to ensure safe work practices are adhered to.
- Polytechnic graduate with the background in Chemical/Process/Technical Engineering. Computer-literate.
- Experience in quality control systems will be ideal
Lim Pey Chyi (Apple) - Apple.email@example.com
Recruitment Consultant (R2090579)
Manpower Staffing Services (S) Pte Ltd
EA Licence: 02C3423
Apple, Pey Chyi Lim EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090579