- Focus primarily on supporting customer from Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry in their Analytical Chemistry Team.
- Support researchers in executing routine chemical analysis of a wide range of products in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and good laboratory practices.
- Receiving and reviewing of samples submission for chemical analysis to the laboratory
- Extraction, preparation and labelling of standards, Quality Control (QC) assay, samples and solutions for routine and ad-hoc new chromatographic and spectrometric analysis
- Perform data analysis with chromatographic and spectrometric software
- Recording of experimental plans and processed data in results template and Electronic Lab Notebook
- Maintain inventory of laboratory reagents, chemicals and consumable supply
- Perform routine laboratory housekeeping - cleaning up lab and disposal of expired chemicals, solvents and samples.
- Basic calibration and maintenance of equipment and their records
- Set up approved and standardized training of validated test methods and equipment operation after the initial knowledge transfer from Researcher.
- Communicate immediately any experimental deviation, equipment failures, or any other laboratory anomalies directly to Researcher and Reporting Manager
- Possess a Diploma in Chemistry or related discipline
- Candidate with the following technical knowledge and laboratory experience is required:
- Analytical sample extraction and preparation techniques (eg. Solvent extraction)
- Operation of general laboratory equipment (eg. pH meter, weighing balance)
- Operation of chromatographic methods (eg. GC-FID, HPLC-ELSD/DAD, ICP-OES)
- Have good chemical handling skills (eg. pipetting skills)
- Able to work independently and have an out-going personality
- Detail-oriented at work
- Good organizational and coordination skill to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Keen learner and motivated at work
- Good communicative skill
- Possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551