As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
The Lead Architect is accountable for all enterprise architecture, all portfolio architecture and adherence to group architecture practices within the entity. The job will manage a team of architects within an architecture sub-function. The Lead Architect has three primary areas of accountability:
- To define, maintain and own the enterprise architecture for the supporting Chief Information Office function, ensuring compliance with group standards and policies
- To manage the design activities associated with the portfolio of change
- To lead the Enterprise Architecture & Design Practice within the Chief Information Office function, including ensuring that the target for architecture (as defined with the Technology) is implemented consistently across the Chief Information Office function and respective DevOps teams
- Lead and own the development and implementation of architecture strategy and standards.
- Introduce new practices, processes, operating model, techniques, products, services, and technologies where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies
- Responsible for supporting the business to define a coherent technology change portfolio that enables delivery of the global business/global function strategy and then decomposing the portfolio into requirements that can be delivered in a DevOps Product Team, or where appropriate, defining program required to co-ordinate delivery of complex change across
- Act as the recognized technical expert associated with the relevant business area domain/systems
- Accountable design authority for technology decisions and leadership of the appropriate governance bodies
- Review services provided against business area strategy and benchmark internally/externally as appropriate
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise Technology and the business about potential benefits/impacts
- Provide a consultancy role to Technology and business teams where appropriate
- Provide full life cycle architectural guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables
- Lead a customer-centered culture. Champion activities encouraging outstanding service and/or enhancing customer advocacy
- Define the scope of the strategic responsibility for architecture against their aligned remit area
- Bachelor's degree holder in Computer Science or related majors
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience in Enterprise Architect role within Insurance, Banking or financial institution.
- Define and deliver solutions platforms with tiered service levels whilst adopting Agile method
- Apply architectural risk management techniques and decision-making principles to ensure that Digital delivery velocity is maintained without compromising architectural integrity
- Seek to push forward Cloud and modernization strategies to provide cost effective and future proofed solutions for the bank
- Ensure that savings & efficiency are delivered through reduced complexity and internal solutions
- Enable effective regulatory, audit & security controls
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
Interested candidates may send in their resume and cover letter directly to Rupa Kankariya (R1441955)
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Rupa Kankariya (R1441955) EA Licence No (02C3423)
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Rupa Kankariya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1441955
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.