Linux System Administrator
Location: Serangoon North
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform performance tuning, hardware upgrades.
- Experience with Linux servers
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, Nginx, etc.
- Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree.
***Thank you for your interest! However, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We respect your privacy and all communication will be treated with confidentiality. If you wish to know more about this position or explore other roles, please prepare your updated profile and get in touch with our consultants at Saumya.firstname.lastname@example.org EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Reg No.: R1766612
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Manpower for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Tripathi Saumya EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1766612