Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Budgets and Grants Management
- Handle and manage client's budgets including Operating budget, Capital budget and Government funded Programme budgets ensuring optimal use and allocation of funds to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Managing multiple source of funds, liaise with funders (e.g. MCI, MOF) to ensure proper accountability, including but not limited to transacting funds drawdown, tracking of utilisation and reconciliation.
- Review and provide analysis for actual utilization/marksmanship reporting to management, parent ministry- Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) as well as Ministry of Finance (MOF).
- Improve budget marksmanship practices by equipping line divisions with readily accessible dashboards and transaction details for their pro-active financial management including re-allocation of resources to maximise the use of funds to achieve good marksmanship.
- Plan and manage bi-annual budgeting exercise, providing budget guidance in terms of planning assumptions and timeline. Review lines' submission of Operating / Capex and Programme budget, scrub assumptions / rationale and consolidate the budget requests and assess reasonableness of budget requested. Prepare presentation and make recommendations, if any to management, committees and Board for approval.
- Work closely with Planning & Lines on client's 5-year block budgets, including Central Pool to ensure fair allocation, flexibility in re-allocation, optimal use of funds and accountability to management and MCI.
- Function as Business Partners to the line divisions, offering sound advice on financial planning and management issues, programmes funding, operational issues, tax issues and so on.
- Re-engineering and streamlining of workflow and processes to increase efficiency and alignment across multiple stakeholders on financial planning/budgeting, control and reporting.
- Digitalise and automate financial planning / budgeting and reporting solutions, providing end-to-end seamless process from resourcing to spend, 24/7 visibility of dashboards and analysis, proper documentation and reporting of financial results.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Familiar with financial planning and reporting solutions
- Proficient in data analytics and visualisation tool such as Power BI, Tableau or Microstrategy etc..
- Strong analytical, problem solving and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and able to multitask with minimum supervision
- Qualified Accountant with at least 10 years of experience in Accountancy and/or Finance, specifically financial planning & analysis
- Good knowledge of SAP or Workday will be an added advantage
Reine Sim Wen Yih EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R21103357