Materials - Buyer
Our client is a US MNC and a pioneering leader in providing Materials Engineering Solutions. They are currently seeking a Materials - Buyer to join them in an exciting career journey.
- Forecast and communicate engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers.
- Provide input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis.
- Coordinate demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
- Critical part and regional supplier management.
- Form Materials Core Team and coordinate product development process deliverable through matrix management of buyers, planners, and production control.
- Collaborate with engineering team to interpret engineering requirements.
- Create, release and update new project materials strategy.
- Assist in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary.
- Utilize the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers.
- Complete supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts.
- Monitor supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
- Coordinate activities around source selection, specification creation and price negotiation with appropriate team members.
- Execute commercialization (transition) materials plan.
- Manage materials change control process and meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues.
- Generate and publish Key Process Indicators.
- Track total landed costs targets.
- Work with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements.
- Assist in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
- Utilize value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Cost analysis.
- Actively mediate and partner with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues for assigned product groups.
- Escalate issues to Commodity Business Managers when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Engineering with minimum 7 years' experience in a related field.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others and is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Able to lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Able to solve complex problems, take a new perspective on existing solutions and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to impact a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams and works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information and works to build consensus.
- Location: Upper Changi (closest MRT: Simei)
- 1 Year Renewable Contract
If you're interested, please do kindly send in your detailed and updated CV to Tammy Chew Wen Hui (R1877573) at email@example.com and I'll reach out to you for a brief confidential chat.
Tammy Chew Wen Hui EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1877573