We are looking for Medical Technologists who are keen to join our Covid-19 testing effort in particular.
- Perform high complexity testing according to established SOPs for molecular diagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, and sequencing.
- Maintain stringent quality and safety standards in all testing steps and document corrective actions as part of quality management if any are required.
- Correctly receive, requisition, process, and ensure proper identification of specimens.
- Evaluate sample integrity and adhere to relevant procedures in cases of unacceptable specimens.
- Perform equipment maintenance checks on a daily/weekly/monthly basis or as needed.
- Participate in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
- Participate in internal and external quality assurance programmes.
- Troubleshoot assays and instruments as needed.
- Manage laboratory supplies and inventory.
To be a good fit for this role, you would have:
- At least a degree in Biomedical Science, Life Sciences or a relevant field.
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (ISO/CAP) or a clinical/molecular laboratory setting. Experience working with infectious diseases would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with molecular diagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, and sequencing. Familiarity with high through-put sequencers is advantageous.
- No discomfort working with viruses and the necessary precautions (e.g. strict compliance with safety protocols and PPE).
- Flexibility in working on weekends, public holidays, and shift timings (for e.g. 9am-6pm/10am-7pm/1pm-10pm) as needed, based on staff rosters.
- Familiarity with laboratory information management systems.
Specific title may be calibrated to match a given candidate's experience.
Song Zhao Hui EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1761205