The Middleware WebSphere and MQ support engineer will require to install, configuration, migration, and setup of Web Servers, MQ and ODM middleware products. Provide administration and support of Web services (WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic & Nginx) and messaging (MQ & Kafka) services for client.
Support application release deployment and respective setup in SIT, UAT and production environment.
- Configuration and installation of Middleware software product IBM WebSphere, MQ & ODM products.
- Responsible for middleware web servers, Nginx, Kafka, MQ upgrade and patch Management.
- Working with application development team/project manager for web server and web application infrastructure built and support
- Provide production support services and assist to application team on problem investigation and problem troubleshooting on middleware products.
- Scripting on automation for application deployment & middleware products installation/ configuration changes, like docker & etc.
- Supporting application release deployment and respective setup in SIT, UAT and production IBM WebSphere and Openshift environment.
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years working experience in HP UX/Unix/Linux system and shell script
- Knowledge and experience in Java.
- Knowledge and experience in setup and configuration of IBM WebSphere Web Server. Knowledge and experience in JBoss EAP/Tomcat/Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Knowledge and experience in setup and configuration of IBM MQ server and Apache Kafka is required. Knowledge and experience in Apache Active MQ and RabbitMQ will help on IBM WebSphere Web Server support.
- Knowledge and experience in Redhat micro services and Nginx is required. Knowledge and experience in OpenShift is advantageous
- Experience on managing/administering of Digital certificates (Eg. SSL certificates) of Web & MQ Servers services.
- Knowledge and experience in Deployment automation (Eg. Jenkins/ docker) is advantageous
- Ability to coordinate with customer, application project managers & vendors on Web Servers and MQ Servers setup and configuration.
- Good ability to thoroughly analyze and troubleshoot Web Servers and MQ Servers issues.
- Good customer focus with emphasis on commitment to continuous improvement in system availability and performance.
Will be good to have the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge on IBM ODM is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience in SAP Business Objects is advantageous
- Experience on Linux / Unix and OpenShift cloud services
- Java/scripting experience
- Knowledge & experience on IBM WebSphere / JBoss EAP /Tomcat/WebLogic/ Nginx Web Servers.
- Knowledge and experience on IBM MQ /Apache Kafka /Apache Active MQ / RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge & experience Redhat microservices
- Experience/Knowledge in deployment automation like Jenkins/ docker.
- Middleware product Certifications or equivalent is advantageous
- Experience on Open-Source tools (Pearl, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, BIND), Kafka and Nginx is advantageous
Bernice Mae Nocum Rallonza EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1442141