As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
- Support the strategic implementation of operational support.
- Monitoring and managing operational costs.
- Implementation of an effective operational model
- Relationships and communications with Intra-group outsourcing of Operations, Procurement, Corporate Real Estate
- Meeting the annual objectives of the Operational Management area
- Co-ordination and leverage of Global Insurance operational capabilities
- Efficient and effective operational management information, governance, and administration
- Execution of Group strategies on Insurance Blueprint.
- Co-ordination and improvement of office environment and culture
- Performance measurement and operational benchmarking
- Pro-active identification and investigation of issues or areas of concern and provision of recommendations for action.
- Sound processes to assess and manage costs, risks, and benefits.
- Implementation and monitoring of strategies to minimize losses and other types of risk.
- Management of local implementation and compliance with all relevant Global Insurance policy, standards, guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements, including adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behavior.
- Policies and procedures ensure that operational risk is managed in a commercially sensitive and practical manner.
- Drive re-engineering activity to deliver better, efficient services using Group methodologies
- Ensure effective capacity planning and vendor relationship management
- Governance and documentation
- Bachelor's Degree level in a Technology, Accountancy, Finance, or any relevant field.
- Track record of project management and change execution, working in a relevant area of Insurance, IT, or Operations.
- Experience of working in a complex financial services organization.
- Good insurance business and operational knowledge
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence across different levels.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for investments and assess alternatives in the language of business.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex business requirements.
- Experience in working across business and cultural boundaries.
Jireli Gem Mejia Cabria EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1434374
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.