We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We are looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what is possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
Physicist (Nuclear Physics/Matlab/Python)
Company Transport Provided (Boon Lay)
Salary Up to $7500 depending on experience
AWS + VB
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for providing engineering solutions for the development or improvement of techniques, procedures and products using analysis and experiments based on principles of physics and mathematical modeling.
- Participate to the development of sensor technologies using different principles including photon detection, acoustic waves measurements
- Contribute to the experimental tests and data interpretation.
Specific deliverables and responsibilities
- Plan experiments, to collate and gather relevant data
- Conceive, design and build experimental setups
- Establish interpretation models and validate them experimentally.
- Evaluate experimental results and perform quality control tests
- Detail results and findings into reports and presentations
- Lecture and teach engineers about the physics applied to new and existing concepts used in industrial products
- Propose new ideas to innovate, contribute to patents and challenge the status quo
- Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Build informal network
- Previous experience in conducting advanced physics experiments
- Previous experience in modeling software like Matlab or others
- Previous experience in data analysis with Matlab or Python
- Master's degree or doctorate in physics would be ideal
- Excellent knowledge of Nuclear physics specially on the interaction of the photons with the matter
- Solid academics in theoretical physics
- Excellent aptitude for mathematics, calculus and modeling
- Versed in research and data gathering
If you possess relevant skillsets, do apply with an updated CV in word format.
Apple Lim Pey Chyi - Apple.email@example.com
Personnel Reg No: R2090579
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apple, Pey Chyi Lim EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090579